Indoor air pollutants are all around us. They include pollen, molds, fungal spores, viruses, bacteria, smoke, gas combustion by-products, furniture, cleaning supplies and other personal care items, pet dander and dust mites.
Over the past 20 years there has been an expanding amount of evidence has shown that indoor air quality has a tremendous impact on human health. Infants, the elderly, and persons with chronic diseases typically spend 80-90% of their time indoors where they can be exposed to many high levels of air pollutants named above. Not to mention the ongoing goal of tighter constructed, higher efficiency homes, which makes this issue of indoor air quality even worse!
- Polluted air causes 94% of all respiratory problems
- More than 31 million Americans have been diagnosed with asthma, and of those about one third are children under the age of 18.
- Up to 40,000 dust mites can live in one ounce of dust. This is one of the most common household allergen.
- An estimated 10-15% of the entire population may be allergic to cat or dog dander.
- A person sheds up to 700,000 skin flakes per day.
The good news is there are solutions that can help drastically improve the air quality in your home. These products listed below work tremendously well together but can also do a great job in themselves as well. Any of these products can be installed in a central duct system to provide whole home protection from the airborne contaminants listed above. Indoor air quality products can sometimes be the answer to many medically treated raspatory troubles.